Thank you for your interest in the SeaPort program. To better direct your inquiry, please see the list below:
- If you are an existing SeaPort MAC holder and wish to ask a question regarding your contract, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are experiencing technical difficulty or have questions on how to use the SeaPort portal, please login to your account and select the Help Desk button in the main navigation bar. From there, you may complete a web form describing your issue, which will then be routed to the appropriate contacts.
- If you are unable to login to SeaPort, please contact your local administrator, who can reset your password. If your local administrator is unavailable, you may send a request to SeaportSupport.email@example.com.
- SeaPort Program Management: To contact the SeaPort Program Management team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any and all questions regarding awarded task orders should first be posed to the issuing contracts office (please refer to your task order award document, which will identify the contract specialist and/or PCO).
- Contractors wishing to pose questions regarding a specific bid event (e.g., task order solicitations advanced planning notices, request for information, etc.) should do so via Question & Answer feature within the SeaPort-e vendor portal. To submit a question, login to your account, locate the Bid Event Details, and select the Questions & Answers button.
- Questions regarding SeaPort-o: SeaPort-o is the Navy’s electronic platform for acquiring various non-personal labor support services including Administrative Support and Clerical Services, Information Technology, and Engineering/Technical Support. The services might be procured through a number of contract vehicles to include the use of the Global Business Support (GBS) contracts. The GBS contracts are a suite of multiple award contract vehicles awarded by the Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP). Additionally, the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Systems Center Atlantic has several multiple award contracts available on SeaPort-o for their use for obtaining supplies and services. All task orders are solicited either competitively or sole sourced, awarded, and managed using the SeaPort-o platform. SeaPort-o also offers single awards and direct ordering. Unlike SeaPort NxG, there is no rolling admissions period to allow new industry partners the opportunity to participate; however, if you are a small business that would like to discuss how to do business with NAVSUP or NIWC Systems Center Atlantic, call 619-556-5109 (NAVSUP) or 843-218-5115 (NIWC) to speak to a small business representative.