Defense Finance and Accounting Office - DFAS (www.dfas.mil)
GUIDEBOOK FOR PERFORMANCE-BASED SERVICES ACQUISITION (PBSA) IN THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE - DECEMBER 2000
A comprehensive guide that includes: Policy documents, info on developing a performance-based work statement and establishing measurable performance standards, incentives and remedies, quality control plan, performance assessment plan development, sample performance requirements, performance work statement(PWS) writing tips, etc.
AN OFPP GUIDE TO BEST PRACTICES FOR PERFORMANCE-BASED SERVICE CONTRACTING - OCTOBER 1998
This document contains best practices that have proven useful for drafting statements of work, solicitations, and quality assurance plans, and in awarding and administering performance-based service contracts. This document is neither mandatory regulatory guidance, nor is it intended to serve as a detailed "how to" manual. Certain appendices contain valuable reference information:
FAR 37.6 - PERFORMANCE BASED CONTRACTING
- Appendix 2 - OFPP Policy Letter 91-2;
- Appendix 3 - Performance-Based Service Contracting (PBSC) Solicitation/Task Order Review Checklist;
- Appendix 6 - Government Agencies And Companies Offering Training In Performance-Based Service Contracting;
- Appendix 8 - Sample Performance Requirement Summary;
- Appendix 9 - Commerce Business Daily Sample Request for Comments;
- Appendix 10 - Performance-Based Service Contracting Templates for Professional and Technical Services.