Benefits for the Program Manager
- Automated Process - No more chasing paper trails through
your office; no more chasing approving officials through the building.
- Decreased Administration - Cut the amount of time you
spend on administrivia with contractors. All administrative interaction
takes place on SeaPort.
- Single Point of Administration - You do everything in
SeaPort, from drafting a Statement of Work, to submitting a request for
funding, to reviewing proposals, to awarding and administering the
- Evaluate and award in real-time - Contractor information
and feedback from a NAVSEA Contracting Officer are immediately available;
you always have the latest pre-award status.
- Significant Cost Reduction - Decrease cycle time by
automating and disciplining the approval cycle; leverage our buying power
by using NAVSEA Multiple Award Contracts.
- Duty Free Shopping – SeaPort provides all services without
the 3-5% pass through tax associated with GSA.
- Lower Acquisition Costs – All SeaPort contracts have
already agreed to terms and conditions that include a transition to
performance based statement of works and guaranteed savings.
- Comptroller Participation – SEA 01 has been included in
the development of SeaPort and has committed to a three day turn around on
all funding documents.
- Dedicated Resources – SEA 02 has designated a special
SeaPort branch dedicated to all of your SeaPort acquisitions.
- Local Access – The SeaPort office is a part of NAVSEA, no
need to MIPR funds or coordinate with outside Commands or agencies, such
- Issue Resolution – An Issue Resolution Desk has been
developed to facilitate resolution of problems relating to performance,
delivery of services, and other contractual issues.
Benefits for the Contracting Officer
- Supplier Management - Readily available information about
contractors, including small & disadvantaged business status, master
contract information, project web sites, and points of contact
Benefits for the Contractor
- Marketing Assistance - Complete contact information of all
NAVSEA professional services contracting and project office resources.
Automated processing of your feedback.
- Reduced costs - electronically transmit "signed"
proposals with verified date/time-stamping.
- Direct Access to NAVSEA Ombudsman - quickly contact NAVSEA
authorities with your concerns on a particular contract issue.
Benefits for all Users
- Organizational Learning - View success stories and
innovative contracting applications; send e-mails straight to those
highlighted in the story.
- Contracting and Program Resources - Full library of
resources; learn of upcoming events.
- Orientation to NAVSEA's SeaPort™ Office - the SeaPort™
overviews serve as an orientation for persons new to services contracting.
Learn about NAVSEA's SeaPort™ Office, formerly the Support Services
Acquisition Program Office (SSAPO).
- Comprehensive Security - NAVSEA and CommerceOne resources
have been applied to assure information security commensurate with the
risk associated with use of SeaPort™ for acquisition, collection, storage,
and dissemination of information.